In today's global economy, HR professionals are proactive, strategic business partners who assist organizations to reach their goals. In today's competitive labor market, certifications matter.
According to the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI), earning you HR credentials can:
- Increase your professional confidence.
- Enhance your marketability in a challenging labor market.
- Result in greater respect from the organization in which you work.
Seattle SHRM encourages all of our members to become certified and we support this effort in three ways:
1) Providing information and resources to support your effort towards certification and
2) Aiding you in maintaining your certification by offering meetings and programs that are pre-approved for recertification credits.
3) Offering a scholarship program to reimburse a portion of exam and preparation fees.
Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) Exams:
Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR)
- Login to your on-line profile
- Click on the “Chapter Notification Link”
If you would like additional information about Certification, please email Certification@shrm-seattle.com.
Effective February 1, 2014, the HR Certification Institute has implemented some important recertification changes to improve your recertification experience:
- A New recertification system that will provide an individually-focused recertification experience that gives you the ability to plan your recertification activities ahead of time and in less time.
- The Birthday Rule that will allow you to get re-certified at the end of your birth month.
- “Lapsed” to “Suspended” status policy changes will only apply to those certificants who don't submit their recertification application by the last day of their cycle. Their credentials will be placed in a “Suspended” status.
- New Recertification credit types:
- Business (formerly known as Strategic) for SPHR and HRMP -Global for GPHR
- Human Resources (formerly known as General) for all certifications.