Special Interest Groups
Power networking and valuable education come together in our SIGs!
All members are welcome to attend any meeting; please call or email the contact to RSVP.
The Compensation & Benefits SIG's roundtable format encourages participants to share experiences and successes. Meetings are typically every other month and include a subject matter expert to frame the discussion topic followed by real world examples and issues shared by participants. Attendees range from compensation or benefit specialists to directors of larger organizations. Those simply looking to learn more about compensation and benefits to seasoned professionals are invited to attend. This group is facilitated by Luann Linn, Benefits Manager at Auto Warehousing Company and is hosted by Kibble and Prentice. Parking within the building is validated. Coffee and breakfast is provided!
Coaching is a relatively new paradigm for the human resource professional. It requires a different perception and perspective of communication. How can coaching help the HR professional influence organizational change? Would you like to facilitate a coaching practice in your organization?
Check the SHRM Calendar each quarter for event dates and times - as we explore the possibilities and nuances of coaching in organizations. Meeting venues are generously provided by local Seattle organizations. Please join our Seattle SHRM coaching in organizations linkedin group to stay informed of upcoming presentations.
Read Karen Fenstermacher's Puget Sound Business Journal article about Coaching in Organizations.
- Contact: Karen Fenstermacher at (206)-931-1830 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to including you in our quarterly events where we share information and tips on managing effective employment practices for our organizations. You do not have to be a part of the construction industry to participate!
- Place: AGC Building, (Westlake Room, 2nd Floor), 1200 Westlake Avenue, Seattle
- Date/Time: Quarterly (See Calendar for specific dates and times)
- Contact: Dave Kearby ~ (509) 454-5064 ~ email@example.com
We welcome your participation in our events that focus on diversity in the workplace. As HR professionals, we know that the cornerstone of a successful talent management program or employee engagement initiative is leveraging Diversity. In high performing organizations, Inclusion ensures all employees are highly engaged and committed to executing performance and developmental goals. With that in mind, the Diversity & Inclusion SIG will be going through a major revitalization effort and will incorporate critical aspects of Talent Management and Employee Engagement. Our group will provide members with more robust information sharing opportunities, presentations and other resources/tips needed to assist in recruiting, talent management and employee engagement of a diverse workforce.
For anyone interested in helping shape the future of D&I should contact - Danielle Stephenson, Diversity &Inclusion SIG Co-Chair Find Danielle on LinkedIN
- Place: TBA
- Time: Quarterly
We are excited to announce the formation of the Hi-Tech Industry Special Interest Group! The technology industry poses unique opportunities and challenges for Human Resource leaders. The purpose of this group is to network, collaborate and learn from your peers and experts on how to best meet those challenges. All HR professionals working in the Hi-Tech industry are encouraged to attend.
- Place: AH&T Insurance Office - 600 University St. Suite 1300 Seattle, WA 98101 (One Union Square, across from the WAC)
- Time: Quarterly (always on a Wednesday) from Noon to 1:30 PM
- Bring: Lunch, if desired
- Contact: Brett Webster - BWebster@AHTINS.com
Please also join our LinkedIn Group
HR Career Management is a forum for HR professionals to learn and discuss navigating their profession—from certification to networking in HR to finding new opportunities or exploring different career trajectories. The SIG leverages HR career experts in our community as experts-in-residence at the monthly meeting to host a discussion and provide counsel. Whether you are years into an HR career, considering HR as a new direction, or are actively seeking a new position, this SIG is an opportunity to better understand the current environment, network, and receive support for your professional direction. This group is chaired by Debbie Oberbillig at Allen Partners. Join our group on LinkedIn for updates on open positions and more.
- Place: Allen Partners, 111 Queen Anne Avenue North, Suite 500
- Date/Time: SECOND Wednesday of the month at Networking from 11:30PM-12:00PM - Program 12:00-1:00PM
- Contact: Debbie Oberbillig at 206-812-1440 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
This group of non-profit organization leaders meets to discuss and share the opportunities and challenges of managing the human resources function in the not-for-profit arena. This group is led by Moselle Horiuchi.
- Place: Horizon House, 900 University Street, Seattle, WA 98101-2797
- Date/Time: SECOND Tuesday of each month from 8:00-9:30 AM
- Contact: Moselle Horiuchi ~ (425) 203-0421 ~ email@example.com
Are you interested in learning and sharing recruiting tips and techniques from your Human Resources colleagues? Come join our networking group of HR professionals who are facing the same challenges as you - finding talented workers. Our mission is to promote meaningful roundtable discussions by sharing information on resources and strategies. This group is co-chaired by Betsy Basch and Nikki Fleming.
- Place: VitalSource Staffing, 2101 Fourth Avenue, Suite1100, Seattle
- Date/Time: SECOND Friday of each month from 8:30 - 9:30 AM (NOTE: New Meeting Day)
- Contact: Betsy Basch ~ (206) 743-8816 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org