Diversity and Inclusion
Events of Interest: On Exhibition September 28, 2013 - January 5, 2014 at the Pacific Science Center
Advance the awareness and competencies of diversity and inclusion in the workplace for our members, by providing resources to help educate and tools that can be utilized within their organizations.
- Education: Provide our members with tangible skills and competencies that can be used in developing initiatives and managing diversity in their workplaces.
- Information: Provide communication on diversity-related topics through newsletters, programs and workshops.
- Awareness: Understand that diversity is an integral part of Human Resources management. Diversity/inclusion must be reflected in the philosophy, policies and practices of Seattle SHRM.
Diversity Special Interest Group
As HR professionals, we know that the cornerstone of a successful talent management program or employee engagement initiative is leveraging Diversity. In high performing organizations, Inclusion ensures all employees are highly engaged and committed to executing performance and developmental goals. With that in mind, the Diversity & Inclusion SIG will be going through a major revitalization effort over the next month, and will incorporate critical aspects of Talent Management and Employee Engagement. All those interested in helping shape the future of D&I should contact - Danielle Stephenson, Diversity &Inclusion SIG Co-Chair Find Danielle on LinkedIN
National SHRM Diversity and Inclusion website
The national SHRM web site has organized content for Diversity and Inclusion as one of its HR Disciplines Click here to learn more.
National SHRM Diversity Conference
The SHRM Diversity Conference is an annual event through which SHRM focuses on the issues relating to diversity in the workplace and the diversity challenges that we face in the workplace, our communities, and in the marketplace. As part of Seattle SHRM's diversity initiative, a representative will be attending the conference to further Seattle SHRM's efforts to promote diversity.
2nd Annual Seattle SHRM Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement Conference was held December 8th, 2011.
- http://www.shrm.org/hrdisciplines/Diversity/Pages/default.aspx: Society of Human Resources Management Diversity Focus Center has numerous articles, books, whitepapers and research material.
- http://www.now.org: National Organization for Women
- http://www.workplacediversity.com: Source for Diversity Talent, is the central job search web site for Corporate recruiters who want to make a good faith effort to reach experienced diversity talent.
- http://www.nod.org: In addition to keeping you up to date on the National Organization on Disability's most recent developments, the N.O.D. web site provides you with the latest in disability-related news, information and resources.
- http://www.aapd-dc.org/index.php: American Association of People with Disabilities
- http://www.seniornet.org: Senior Net is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization of computer-using adults, age 50 and older. Senior Net's mission is to provide older adults education for and access to computer technologies to enhance their lives and enable them to share their knowledge and wisdom.
- Http://www.dva.wa.gov: Provides veterans with world-class benefits and services adhering to the highest standards of compassion, commitment, excellence, professionalism, integrity, accountability, and stewardship.
- http://www.diversityinc.com: Diversity Inc is the leading publication on diversity and business. Diversity Inc's CEO and owner is Luke Visconti. Diversity Inc was founded in 1998 as a web-based publication.
- http://www.wsbln.org: The WSBLN is a network of employers who educate and support businesses to hire, retain, and improve customer service for people with disabilities.
- http://www.aarp.org: Founded in 1958, AARP acts as a nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization, that helps people 50 and over improve the quality of their lives.
Vanessa Torres, Diversity and Inclusion Director: email@example.com